CAVAL is structured as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee and owned by 8 Australian Universities. Its constitution specifies a range of purposes to assist libraries and educational purposes. CAVAL is governed by a Board of Directors under the terms of the Corporations Act.
The primary duty of the Board of Directors is to the current and future Members of CAVAL Ltd.
Board of Directors include:
- David Groenewegen (La Trobe University)
- David Howard (RMIT University)
- Darren Holland (Federation University Australia)
- Janette Wright (Federation University Australia)
- Jennefer Nicholson
- Jennifer Peasley - Chair
- Paul Campbell - Deputy Chair (Australian Catholic University)
- Robert Gerrity (Monash University)
- Shainal Kavar (La Trobe University)