CAVAL is structured as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee and owned by 8 Australian Universities. Its constitution specifies a range of purposes to assist libraries and educational purposes. CAVAL is governed by a Board of Directors under the terms of the Corporations Act.
The primary duty of the Board of Directors is to the current and future Members of CAVAL Ltd.
Board of Directors include:
- Paul Campbell (Australian Catholic University) - Chair
- Jennifer Peasley - Deputy Chair
- Bob Gerrity (Monash University)
- Darren Holland (Federation University Australia)
- David Howard (RMIT University)
- Jennefer Nicholson
- Fiona Salisbury (La Trobe University)
- Gwenda Thomas (The University of Melbourne)